Board index PBase PaD Discussion What is everyone going to do...

PaD Discussion

What is everyone going to do...

discuss photo-a-day projects
kstuebin

What is everyone going to do...

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:56 am

..for Pads while Pbase is down. I'm assuming once it's up again the ability to edit galleries will be nonfunctional for a while. I might be wrong but given the time frame to correct the current problems, it could be days.

Just skip those days? Catch up when it's working again by posting multiple pads?

magickdrumz

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:01 am

I'm going to consider the down time a 'PaD vacation'! I'll still take my daily shots with the intent of posting them as that day's PaD....and like any vacation that might take me away from my computer, I'll take a day or two to play catch-up.

:D http://www.pbase.com/magickdrumz

gpaai

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:08 am

Am I missing something? When will PBase be shutting dow? And for how long? :cry:
I love photoshopography.......

Bruce B

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:21 am

Gary - check out the News Item on the PBase home page. It's not very specific, but it does warn of a period of downtime ahead.

slowpokebill

My plan is...

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:02 am

...to keep on shooting each day, post process, then post when I can. Wanda and I won't miss a day.

Bill
http://www.pbase.com/slowpokebill

thejerk

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:18 am

Excuse my ignorance but...

What "down time" are you speaking of :?:

I went looking for an announcement but found none. :?

Regards Bill :)

gpaai

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:16 pm

Thanks Bruce!
I love photoshopography.......

here ya go!

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:17 pm

25-Jan-2004 - Major Hardware Upgrades this Weekend
This weekend we perform a variety of hardware upgrades and replacements to improve site performance. Much of the equipment is brand new which we've been installing and testing over the last few months.
Some of the existing equipment will need to be physically moved which will cause some downtime.
We expect the process to begin at roughly 08:00 UTC (03:00 EST) on 29-Jan-2005 with about two hours during which the site will be mostly offline. This will be followed by a longer period of time where the site should be mostly functional, but new uploads, editing of galleries, or new accounts won't be possible until we're sure all the new equipment is working properly.
We're aware of the current problem with some broken images. We will be able to finish cleaning this up after the above upgrades.

The planning, installation, and testing of new hardware has consumed much time in the last few months.
We'll be moving forward with more visible features soon after.

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:01 pm

Crossed fingers... :shock:
8) Adal

Board index PBase PaD Discussion What is everyone going to do...