Board index PBase PaD Discussion PAD Commenting Problems But I Have NOT Forgotten U

PaD Discussion

PAD Commenting Problems But I Have NOT Forgotten U

discuss photo-a-day projects
mysticchyna

PAD Commenting Problems But I Have NOT Forgotten U

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:28 am

Hey you guys/gals, I just wanted to say that I am *trying* to look at all the photos, and make comments, but, well, Pbase is having some major hitches in the get-a-long.

So I am just telling you hear that I have not forgotten, and I love what I'm seeing. Hopefully Slug/Emily will fix Pbase so it will work smoothly again and I can get caught up.
My Eyes R My Camera....I behold the world within my lens..........
--lisa

simonkirk

hmmm

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:41 am

seems to be working fine today (uk day time) might be a load problem when it is daytime US
Simon Kirk

dds

Re: hmmm

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:13 pm

simonkirk wrote:seems to be working fine today (uk day time) might be a load problem when it is daytime US

I've noted that from about noon eastern time (GMT-5) the response starts going to hell, particularly with the comment mechanism. Since that corresponds to 0900 PST, that means the entire US has essentially come online. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to get better until after midnight eastern time -- sometimes later. It's interesting that various functions (go to profile, read comments, read pmail, updates, view thumbs, view pic, comment, etc.) each seems to have its own, unique response characteristics at a given time. Perhaps just chance.

gpaai

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:15 pm

Yes it is morning in Southern California and I am not able to post comments. Very frustrating to not be able to tell others what you think.

Oh well!

Gary

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:43 pm

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pbase.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at http://www.pbase.com Port 80
8) Adal

clickaway

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:36 pm

Ah! Port 80.... :twisted:

dcjohn

yep

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:41 pm

The sporadic serious problems and major lags are incredibly frustrating, although what's even worse is pBase's total lack of up-to-date information on what's up and what to expect in terms of repairs.

That Tsunami reference is particularly deplorable. It's clear that there's more going on here than just some additional load from tsunami searches, and using such a horrible event as a false excuse for what's up is just terrible.

I dearly love the PAD community here, so I'm trying to stick around, but I've gone ahead and created an account on Flickr and started double posting my PAD shots there. If this continues I'm thinking of creating a "pbase pad refugees" group there.

Grrrr
John

mysticchyna

Re: yep

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:14 pm

dcjohn wrote:The sporadic serious problems and major lags are incredibly frustrating, although what's even worse is pBase's total lack of up-to-date information on what's up and what to expect in terms of repairs.

That Tsunami reference is particularly deplorable. It's clear that there's more going on here than just some additional load from tsunami searches, and using such a horrible event as a false excuse for what's up is just terrible.

I dearly love the PAD community here, so I'm trying to stick around, but I've gone ahead and created an account on Flickr and started double posting my PAD shots there. If this continues I'm thinking of creating a "pbase pad refugees" group there.

Grrrr
John

John, I totally agree about the Tsunami reference. I've never heard of Flickr...might investigate that.
My Eyes R My Camera....I behold the world within my lens..........
--lisa

clickaway

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:33 pm

May I urge you to register with a Yahoo group that Karen has just set up?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pbasecrashgroup/

Its aim is as many of us keep in touch with each other should the unthinkable happen - that PBase goes down the pan.

Should that happen, I hope the result will be that we can restart a community somewhere else.

Ray

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:29 am

I hope you are too pessimistic about the possibility of the... unthinkable.
But yes, the Tsunami excuse seems ridiculous, what is blocked during the day (US timezones) is not the browsing, but the features such as edit, comment etc... how can Tsunami people affect those?
The only good news I see in the homepage is:
"we expect to greatly improve our traffic capacity during January."
That's the real issue.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion PAD Commenting Problems But I Have NOT Forgotten U