Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ensuring your PAD posting shows up in PAD Metagallery

PaD Discussion

Ensuring your PAD posting shows up in PAD Metagallery

discuss photo-a-day projects
dds

Ensuring your PAD posting shows up in PAD Metagallery

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:18 am

It appears that the mechanism that updates the PAD Metagallery does not count an image transferred into a member's PAD gallery from some other gallery, e.g., Inbox, as a new PAD image. I often upload a number of images into my inbox and then decide which one is going to be my PAD. (I do this to expedite the upload and to get IDs assigned to all the pics uploaded so I can reference them in links I often build into my PAD image caption.)

I think the metagallery is the primary starting point for PADers looking for new PADs, so I think it's important to get into the metagallery (unless you don't care if anyone looks at your pic.).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a quick way to flag an image in the PAD directory as new or updated so it will show up in the metagallery. "Quick and dirty" means something less involved than deleting the current image, uploading it directly into my PAD gallery and then re-creating the caption and other stuff. (Doing a Replace image doesn't register as a metagallery item, either).

This really isn't all that big a deal (despite my long explanation), but it'd just be nice, and maybe there's a simple method to accomplish this that I'm not aware of.

Thanks,
dds

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:23 am

The original idea of PaD was a project of self-improvement:
Conceive, take and post 1 fresh photo each day.
I am afraid the mechanism is tailored for that.
8) Adal

dds

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:05 pm

adalberto_tiburzi wrote:The original idea of PaD was a project of self-improvement:
Conceive, take and post 1 fresh photo each day.
I am afraid the mechanism is tailored for that.

I think that's what I'm doing (except, for me anyway, I usually have to take several pics to get my PAD). It's just that I like to use the Inbox to upload several pictures (that I will be then moving to various galleries) at once. I find this much easier than separate uploads. Oh, well, as I said, this isn't really an earthshattering problem.

Thanks for your reply, Adal.

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Ensuring your PAD posting shows up in PAD Metagallery