Board index PBase PaD Discussion Gallery Quality Printing

PaD Discussion

Gallery Quality Printing

discuss photo-a-day projects
johnnyboy

Gallery Quality Printing

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:32 pm

Can anyone recommend a printer for gallery quality prints? I would like to have several of my images printed for framing. I am looking for the highest quality printing available given today's technology. I would like to have about 16x20 prints made.

I would appreciate any advice. My email on Pbase is johnnyboy.

Thanks,
johnny

stormseye

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:30 pm

I'm on a similar search myself.

Check these people out - I haven't used them yet (I just discovered the site today) but they have GREAT references and good descriptions of their various services and processes:

http://www.colorfolio.com
Bruce B

"I have always felt that it is HOW one sees
rather than WHAT one sees
that makes any photograph interesting."
- Michael A. Smith, 1999

johnnyboy

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:12 pm

Bruce,

Thank you. I am also impressed by Color Folio's web site. I might give them a try. Please let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks again,
johnny

johnnyboy

Post Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:33 pm

Given that my original post is a little ambiguous, let me clarify that I am looking for a company to print images for me, not for a color printer (machine).

Thanks,
Johnny

jude_53

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:49 am

I found an online printer than I'm very happy with. Not only are they very affordable, but they are quick.. and thorough. Minimum order is $12 but there is free shipping.. I think an 8x10 in lustre/glossy is only $2 .. I live in michigan and if i order (which is downloading on a system they have) I usually get my order within 2 days. The only problem was around Christmas time..

http://whcc.com/index.html

You also can get 5 free 8x10 prints when you first start to see if your monitor is calibrated to what they have.

jude

jude_53

Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:54 am

I MEANT to say.. i live in michigan and they are located in Minnesota.. and I place and order and genrally get it 2 days later. AND I meant to finish about the Christmas thing. They sent out an update with orders saying they put 3 shifts on to make sure people get their work out in a timely manner.
Now another thing that is great is, i had a problem with my computer - it timed out (you can set it up to keep the time going longer) and a file was corrupted. They called several times to make sure I knew so I could re-download. I have found nothing bad about them in the least.. very professional

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Gallery Quality Printing