Board index PBase PaD Discussion World Wide Wig follow up

PaD Discussion

World Wide Wig follow up

discuss photo-a-day projects
aestus

World Wide Wig follow up

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:19 am

So what's the scoop? How long should I have this baby in my hands before I send it on to the next victim? Obviously I could play with this thig for ages before letting it go, but I know the list is long so it should get going. What say you all? Waht's a good time limit before it needs to be repackaged and moved on?

Also, I have a blonde wig, boring in comparison, but if there is interest I will add it to the box to see what combos we get. Any interest?

Aestus

jeannius

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:19 am

Send it when you are done?? LOL!!

My only concern is the holidays, so perhaps if you can't GIVE it to CJ (who is next) then wait until after xmas to mail it? Would be TRAGIC for it to get lost! LOL!!

As for the blond wig, perhaps it will try to steal the magic of the pink wig, so be VERY careful!!

(Dude, send the blonde wig to MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!)

XXXXX

ALSO! If you HAVE NOT contacted me about being on the wig list, and wish to play, send me a PMAIL and I can still add you, we can adjust the list at any time!!

I've added Simon and Bree to the list since it left!

cjmorgan

Re: World Wide Wig follow up

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:46 pm

aestus wrote:So what's the scoop? How long should I have this baby in my hands before I send it on to the next victim?
Aestus

24 hours. Get it, shoot, move it along. Okay, 48 hours if you're really
busy that day. But if you ask how long, that's probably already too long.
CJ

jeannius

Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:07 pm

Good point CJ! If the wig lingers it may lose it's magic!

Aestus, Get thee to the post office!!

clickaway

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:22 pm

Two points: I think it would be cool if we could pmail the next victim the day we post it. That will give that person better preparation, especially if the wig goes out for the day!

Secondly, I've just loaded the Star Alliance round the world mileage calculator on my PC, and I see its 'done' 2,260 miles so far. I wonder what the grand mileage will be by the time it returns to the Golden Gate?

These mileages are pretty nominal, as if it flies with DHL or somebody it may not go direct, and assumes passenger flights by members of the Star Alliance (such as United, Air Canada, US Airways, Singapore Airlines).

jeannius

Post Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:40 pm

Ray, I grant you the honor of the Wig Mileage calculator!!

And good Idea on the pmailing the next VICTIM! LOL!!!

clickaway

Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:10 pm

I see its now reached CJ
http://www.pbase.com/image/37992905

ziggers

Post Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:04 am

So who's got it now?

:mrgreen:

clickaway

Post Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:44 am

"Judes Pics" has just posted a fantastic gallery, http://www.pbase.com/judespics/wig
and I believe Ron "Whiskey 01" is then going to have a go.

The last I heard, the wig was then going to fly across the Atlantic - to me!

The itinerary keeps changing though!

jeannius

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:24 am

So far this has been VERY cool!

The list that accompanies the Wig from person to person changes at least once a week. So please send me a pbase private message (pmail) when you reveice the wig, so I can make sure the list that came with the wig is the most current! We are up to 23 people!!

Any more from Europe??? That would be AWESOME!!!

Jeanne

See the wig gallery here!!
http://www.pbase.com/jeannius/wig

PS- Ray, Interested in make a map process of the wig?? I know you love maps!!

jenga

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:43 pm

I can't beleive I missed all this! Can I be 'in' please? I don't live too far from Ray, and I'm happy to send it on anywhere.

jenga

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:15 pm

Jeanne - thanks for your PM - I've PM'd you back my address, but Pbase is so screwed up at the moment that I'm not 100% sure that the message got sent ok. Let me know if you haven't received it, and I'll email it to you!

thanks!

jeannius

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:57 pm

Got it, Jenga!!

cjmorgan

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:08 am

Okay, finally got my wig pics up....
http://www.pbase.com/cjmorgan/world_wide_wig
CJ

jeannius

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:46 pm

To anyone on the wig list!

The list is growing EVERYDAY! So what I would ask is as you receive the wig, let me know via PBASE private message so I can be sure that the list accompanying the wig is up to date!

Thanks!!!!

I beleive it is still in Toronto with Ron (whiskey01) now!

If you could also shoot your pic and move it on as fast as possible, that would be great, as there are about 35 people now on the list!

Thanks! This has been a blast so far!

Jeanne

Board index PBase PaD Discussion World Wide Wig follow up