Board index PBase PaD Discussion PAD Recent Uploads Page thumbnails sometimes not sized right

PaD Discussion

PAD Recent Uploads Page thumbnails sometimes not sized right

discuss photo-a-day projects
dds

PAD Recent Uploads Page thumbnails sometimes not sized right

Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Today I've noticed that when I get a new page of just-posted PAD images (either by clicking First or Next) I will sometimes get a thumbnail that comes in at a large size (vertical, horizontal, or both) instead of the standard size. This at least temporarily blows the uniform table cell size and really gorps the page. Eventually it usually settles back down to the correct size.

This might be due to either of two non-standard configurations I'm operating under today. First, I've had to revert to my dial-up line until my broadband connection gets fixed. Maybe this always happens, it just is so fast with the broadband that it isn't noticeable. Secon, I'm using Firefox now as my browser (which, actually, isn't "non-standard", since I'm not using it exclusively -- almost). Don't know if it might handle the image sizing differently.

I haven't done any real testing, but I've only notice the problem on the PAD recent uploads page.

jajlo

ditto and not just pad

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:06 am

I was uploading a new gallery today.. (MANY photos) and I had at least 30 of my photos upload as just 'original' size and not the thumb, sm, med, large.. it's like it skipped over the processing somehow.

UGH, deleted and did them in small batches to re upload. Glad it wasn't just me messing up somehow.. what a pain tho! grrrrr.. ahh vell, it's over now,and at least it wasn't more that it happened to!

gpaai

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:12 pm

I'm not a programmer so I am the last person to give advice. But with all the little glitches happening to PBase lately, it might be time for an overhaul.

I'm not sure how a program all of a sudden just doesn't work, to me a code is a code and once in place it's a done deal.

I am probably way off, so who am I to say... :lol:

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

distorted

Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:32 pm

I've had simular problems had to delete a whole batch upload... also noticed the upload went to a url other then the normal pbase.com. I feel this might be a backup server... and maybe running older code.. shrug.. anywho I've still noticed problems with thumbs while browsing the PaD meta gallery. hopefully things will straighten out in time for my next PaD pic ;)
Life is just a series of repeatative tasks!

Chris Carruba
http://www.pbase.com/distorted

Board index PBase PaD Discussion PAD Recent Uploads Page thumbnails sometimes not sized right