Board index PBase PaD Discussion Few comments from me lately, I know!

PaD Discussion

Few comments from me lately, I know!

discuss photo-a-day projects
adalberto_tiburzi

Few comments from me lately, I know!

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:45 pm

I apologize, I'very busy and also tired in these days. I try to post daily, and go on browsing galleries.
But to write comments in a foreign language, and making efforts to be useful and not banal, that isn't the most relaxing thing for sure!
Hope I'll recover soon... ;-)
8) Adal

jude_53

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:18 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhh .. thank GOD! I thought I offended you in some way....LOL
You know I never think about how difficult or.. well time consuming that is.. to translate into something that is not your native language.

Just enjoy the photos and smile..

Oh and keep posting yours... :twisted:

juliewood

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:40 am

Have you considered using an online translator, such as http://www.google.com/language_tools ? Please realize I do not mean to insult you, as you obviously are very fluent - I suggest this only to make your life easier!

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:21 am

quote from profile page:
"Julie Wood has 2 galleries and 3 images online".
Julie, I believe you have the smallest site I visited ever!!!
Compliments for your photos, only 3, but hard to choose which is best.
About the automatic translators, the problem is that they usually don't understand my Italian (LOL).
Have fun!
8) Adal

stormseye

Re: Few comments from me lately, I know!

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:23 pm

adalberto_tiburzi wrote:I apologize, I'very busy and also tired in these days. I try to post daily, and go on browsing galleries.
But to write comments in a foreign language, and making efforts to be useful and not banal, that isn't the most relaxing thing for sure!
Hope I'll recover soon... ;-)

Adal, you're fired. :P
Last edited by stormseye on Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce B

"I have always felt that it is HOW one sees
rather than WHAT one sees
that makes any photograph interesting."
- Michael A. Smith, 1999

35sur

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:48 am

adalberto,

I know what you mean. I stopped using online translators because learning Spanish was much easier! ;) I got into SO MUCH trouble using those! :|

stormseye

help is on the way

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:17 pm

Adal,

I hear your pain and, since I'm such a good guy, I've decided that I can't just razz you and leave you there exhausted, panting in the corner. I am here to offer you a helping hand. The following is a list of comments (mostly in English) for you to use. They are short, easy to remember, and most importantly, clean:

1. Nice
2. Very nice
3. Fantastic
4. Fabulous
5. Awesome (use mainly on Americans - we've watched enough television to have a little 'California' in all of us)
6. Brilliant (use primarily on the Scots, Welsh, English, Irish, and probably the Aussies and Kiwis too for all I know)
7. Chapeau! (use on the French - and for you American monoglots, this is a short way of saying 'Hat's off to you, buddy!')
8. Bravo (for everybody else)

Feel free to toss in 'Dude' or 'Man' (with men OR women) for that modern sense of instant camaraderie. You should also sprinkle in some emoticons.

If you want to get people to learn some Italian, try these next two:
9. This is the best example of {insert Latin or Italian phrase here} on PBase.
10. This is the best example of {insert Latin or Italian phrase here} that I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. (should probably be used sparingly if you wish to maintain credibility).

I guarantee that these last two will have people scrambling for their Italian and Latin dictionaries!!

Now get some rest, take a hot bath, pour yourself a glass of wine, and get back in there, soldier!

Almost forgot the emoticon: 8)
:D
Bruce B

"I have always felt that it is HOW one sees
rather than WHAT one sees
that makes any photograph interesting."
- Michael A. Smith, 1999

annayu

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:35 pm

The comment I like best from Adal is
^^^Vote>>> or something like that :-)

clickaway

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:10 am

Bravo, Anna!

As long as Adal gives a vote, he can say it in Mandarin as far as I care :lol:

Ray

adalberto_tiburzi

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:52 pm

((LOL)) at Bruce, very useful survival dictionary, you cool dude man buddy fellow pBaser, the best example of "scrittura creativa" I have read in my several lives!

Anna, ahhhhhh you disguised as a "material girl" looking for votes... I am so disappointed of hearing that, I supposed Sweden very far away from... Switzerland :wink:

Ray, I may answer you in Chinese: 我å
8) Adal

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Few comments from me lately, I know!