Board index PBase PaD Discussion Losing My EXIF?

PaD Discussion

Losing My EXIF?

discuss photo-a-day projects
mysticchyna

Losing My EXIF?

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:06 am

Do any of you use Compupic Pro? I use that photo program to upload my pics from the card to my computer. It is great for organizing, etc...but I do edititng in Paintshop or Photoshop. I'm noticing I'm losing the EXIF info if I edit in Painshop, and then resize and save again in Compupic. Does anyone know why that is happening?

If I only do editing in Compupic, the info stays. :oops:
My Eyes R My Camera....I behold the world within my lens..........
--lisa

ukexpat

Re: Losing My EXIF?

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:30 pm

mysticchyna wrote:Do any of you use Compupic Pro? I use that photo program to upload my pics from the card to my computer. It is great for organizing, etc...but I do edititng in Paintshop or Photoshop. I'm noticing I'm losing the EXIF info if I edit in Painshop, and then resize and save again in Compupic. Does anyone know why that is happening?

If you "save for web..." in Photoshop it deletes the EXIF info. You have to "save as..." and select JPEG for the EXIF info to be preserved.

hokkers999

Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:19 pm

ukexpat wrote:
mysticchyna wrote:Do any of you use Compupic Pro? I use that photo program to upload my pics from the card to my computer. It is great for organizing, etc...but I do edititng in Paintshop or Photoshop. I'm noticing I'm losing the EXIF info if I edit in Painshop, and then resize and save again in Compupic. Does anyone know why that is happening?

If you "save for web..." in Photoshop it deletes the EXIF info. You have to "save as..." and select JPEG for the EXIF info to be preserved.

Additionally if you *import* raw data images (Canon format) into Photoshop CS then it also deletes the exif data :-(

Use CS1 instead....

ukexpat

Post Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:15 pm

hokkers999 wrote:
ukexpat wrote:

Additionally if you *import* raw data images (Canon format) into Photoshop CS then it also deletes the exif data :-(

Use CS1 instead....

Adobe issued an update to the RAW converter that fixes this problem:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Losing My EXIF?