Board index PBase PaD Discussion First ever PAD FAQ! Check it out!

PaD Discussion

First ever PAD FAQ! Check it out!

discuss photo-a-day projects
djarvik

First ever PAD FAQ! Check it out!

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:13 pm

Hi,

We (I mean bigbad) have come up with a PAD FAQ if you interested check it out here:
http://www.photoaday.net/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2&categories=PaD+FAQ+-+by+bigbad

Please, let me know what you think. If anything we missed, let me know and I will add it.

I think it's a good start and a good place to reffer newbies to.

Enjoy!

Alon Brik
http://www.photoaday.net

clickaway

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:04 pm

Cool! But its a shame that the myth that Paul Walters started the PBase PaD has been perpetuated here. It was actually David Mingay who has the earliest PaD entries here on PBase. And he's still carrying on with it!

gpaai

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:48 pm

clickaway wrote:Cool! But its a shame that the myth that Paul Walters started the PBase PaD has been perpetuated here. It was actually David Mingay who has the earliest PaD entries here on PBase. And he's still carrying on with it!

It would be kind of nice to have a "history of" type of thing put together. This would really separate the fact from fiction.
I love photoshopography.......

djarvik

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:14 pm

... hmm... interesting Idea! ;)

Can anyone suggest a format? I'll work on putting something together.

gpaai

Post Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:07 pm

djarvik wrote:... hmm... interesting Idea! ;)

Can anyone suggest a format? I'll work on putting something together.

I would think that a basis bio type history on top of your facts page would be cool.
I love photoshopography.......

5points

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:59 am

Alon - I am confused. I get this impression that http://www.photoaday.net/ is primarily for Pbase users? Can you comment on that please?

djarvik

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:28 am

about 80% of people on http://www.photoaday.net are from pbase :)

there are some that have personal websites/galleries, some are from Smugmug.com, some are from other places.

:)

regards!

dwinge

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:01 am

Food for thought,
I would suggest including some verbage regarding the use of poetry/lyrics or other copywrited or otherwise protected text and/or images. I am not an attorney but I believe most forums ie mailing lists and Usenet have rules regarding the use of copywrited material. I have no idea if there may be ramifications regarding the use of song lyrics for example, but it probably should be pointed out that unauthorized use of copywrited material is at the posters own risk.
Or something to that effect.
David

juliano

Post Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:28 pm

not sure I understand you. :(

can you siplify it? I'm not that good with English.

jengle

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:42 am

Great description of PaD. I do like the YOU make the rules (as in the PaDer). My rules are slightly different, as I include scanning in old pictures - some which have never been printed. I'm probably 95% picture taken that day and 5% best scan of the day. To each his/her own.

bigbad

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:10 pm

just got back from vacation and i thought i'd mention something about the 'paul walters myth'. when i submitted the rules to alon, i mentioned that i was not postive that paul walters was actually the first (and i did mention in the FAQ that there were almost certainly others before) but in an attempt to submit them to him before i left, i put the name that i had heard most often. i meant absolutely no offense to David Mingay, and if it hasn't been changed in the article, i will see that it is. thanks for pointing that out. :)
thou shalt not weigh more than thy refridgerator...

bigbad

Post Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:12 pm

guest, i think dwinge is saying that perhaps we should be more careful when attaching song lyrics or poetry written by other people to our PAD images (see Angela and Jude's galleries for some lovely examples) for copywrite reasons.

is that what you were getting at dwinge?
thou shalt not weigh more than thy refridgerator...

Board index PBase PaD Discussion First ever PAD FAQ! Check it out!