Board index PBase PaD Discussion ADJECTIVE/ADVERB SCAVENGER HUNT

PaD Discussion

ADJECTIVE/ADVERB SCAVENGER HUNT

discuss photo-a-day projects
jeanb

Re: ADJECTIVE/ADVERB SCAVENGER HUNT

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:35 am

This is the image I posted in my PAD gallery, it doesn't fit any of the words left on my list but I liked it and it was taken today.

lynnh

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Zipped. When I saw this baby Gerbera daisy, I thought it looked like it was zipped closed.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

lynnh

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:50 pm

For those who feel that you were rushed to post poor pictures... The Scavenger Hunts asks you to Post a picture per day. You don't have to TAKE a picture per day. You can take a dozen pictures on the weekend and post a photo each day following. The only requirement is the picture must be taken expressly for the challenge (meaning not take from your archives). The idea was to have fun with it.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

jeanb

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:07 pm

To me, as to lots of others, a photo a day has always meant the effort trying something different each day. I look back on stuff I posted in 2003, 2004 and I'm surprised with what great stuff I came up with! Occasionally I'll post something I took a day or two previously if I really like it, but mostly I've tried to make the effort of challenging myself to do something different each day.
I've been through some pretty tough times over the years and this often really helped me see things differently, now at 79 years of age, and not in the best of health, taking my photo each day is a real incentive for me.
Just my 2 cents...
Jean

jolka

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:49 pm

WOMANLY

cits_4_pets

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Kind
Uploaded this yesterday but forgot to post it. Was not in the best frame of mind. Not the prettyies of images but reminds of a very Kind friend.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

cits_4_pets

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:00 pm

Merry

Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

mclew

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:03 am

For August 1st

# 5 Bent

mclew

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:36 am

For August 2nd

#28 Lonely

jeanb

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:16 am

SUBTLE
Curious to know if I could capture the holographic image off this $20 bill. Surprised at the result.

lynnh

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:08 pm

jeanb wrote:To me, as to lots of others, a photo a day has always meant the effort trying something different each day. I look back on stuff I posted in 2003, 2004 and I'm surprised with what great stuff I came up with! Occasionally I'll post something I took a day or two previously if I really like it, but mostly I've tried to make the effort of challenging myself to do something different each day.
I've been through some pretty tough times over the years and this often really helped me see things differently, now at 79 years of age, and not in the best of health, taking my photo each day is a real incentive for me.
Just my 2 cents...
Jean

I done PaD for 8 years now!! I understand your feelings about it. I look back on mine and read those photos like a diary. Also, I've been doing the monthly Challenge for 6 years. But, lack of interest caused us to close the challenges at the beginning of 2016. More and More of us spent more time sharing in Facebook, which reduces the time available for challenges. Most post on other websites in addition to Pbase. I work 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I barely get time to take pictures, although I work in a beautiful, picturesque park, I am trapped indoors.

The idea behind the summer scavenger hunt was that a few of us who used to challenge together, decided to try doing a fun scavenger hunt together over the summer doldrums/end of winter (s. hemisphere friends). Since everyone had vacations, work, and health issues, we decided it would not be TAKE a picture per day. That way, we could drop in and drop out as time allowed. We could have time to find and take our best photos. Or come back from vacation and share our trip with our friends, like Jola is doing. Ray does this as Pad, but drops in and out when he finds the words. I am very proud of my 8th year doing PaD, but it isn't part of this Hunt. Separate gallery - http://www.pbase.com/lynnh/2016pad

I invited everyone who had participated in past challenges over the years. just in case there was some interest. It's my fault for not explaining the mission to you. But, all of you are welcome to play. You are welcome to try this as a PaD if you desire, BUT REMEMBER the words weren't chosen with PaDding in mind.... so more difficult. I'm happy you've joined and I've enjoyed all of your photos and I appreciate your energy and enthusiasm at age 79! :)

lynnh

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Inactive

jeanb

Post Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Well I guess this just about finishes my list.

CARNIVOROUS
DIRTY
DANGEROUS
DISORDERLY
LONELY
NEEDY
QUESTIONABLE
TAINTED
TERRIBLE
TUMULTUOUS
VOLUMINOUS
WASTED
WANTED
:lol:

jolka

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:05 am

COOOL

lynnh

Post Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:07 pm

Needing business...

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion ADJECTIVE/ADVERB SCAVENGER HUNT