Board index PBase PaD Discussion APRIL CHALLENGE - A DIFFERENT POV

PaD Discussion

APRIL CHALLENGE - A DIFFERENT POV

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

APRIL CHALLENGE - A DIFFERENT POV

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:23 pm

LOOKING AT THE WORLD FROM A DIFFERENT POINT OF VIEW
Every decision you make about point of view will change how your viewer sees the photo.
For the April Challenge, we may use our choices of views like low pov (Ants Eye View), or shoot from above, or from an sharp angle, or use "Dutch Angle" or canted angle point of view.
For this challenge, you may rotate your image on the computer.

About Dutch Angle -
The Dutch angle originated in a 1919 German film named The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is actually a mis-representation of the original word, Deutsch. The use of the angle in this film was to primarily depict chaos and madness in the post World War I region. Dutching was often used during the German Expressionism movement in the 1920s. It has since been adapted by several directors and photographers over the years and has been a mainstay in the photography world. In landscape photography, keeping the horizon line straight is an important rule of composition. But, tilting adds a sense of excitement or movement to a composition; it also works well for close-ups. Tilting the camera works best when there is a strong horizontal element to add stability and anchor the composition.

About Ant's Eye View -
Ant's Eye View, meaning your photos must be taken with your camera on or almost on the ground. The idea is to capture the looming, intimidating nature of subjects from that low-down perspective.

RULES:
Photos should be taken expressly for the challenge, so fresh shots.
Post a photo each day and post a link for the photo in this forum. You may use this for your PaD, but not necessary to do so.
Please try to review and comment on the other participant's entries. This is a shared experience.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

chenchena

Re: APRIL CHALLENGE - A DIFFERENT POV

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Because of the angle I took this photo the emphasis is more on the wires and the sky

Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

janicecd

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 pm

# - From a low POV - all of us were on the floor!!!

lainesphotos

Post Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:58 pm

Anyone else having difficulties with links today ???
My Dutch Angle

yvonneii

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:07 am

Thankyou Lynn for getting this new challenge up and running! Here's my 1st entry... http://www.pbase.com/yvonneii/image/159605467

emmelafoto

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am

What a great challenge!!! Thanks.

I took one from the middle, straight under this beautiful ceiling, but for the challenge this one is better.

lynnh

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:33 am

For those of you who need some inspiration, this was taken by TOM LEROY and posted today.

LOW POV

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

borisalex

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Point of view # 1

PS. Tilting or rotating on the computer is not good! :(
Think about the angle while taking the picture, cropping is fine! :D

clickaway

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:26 pm

This is what I call a different point of view ;-)

Ray

lynnh

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Ale

chrishadden

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:55 pm

#1 an isolated ivy leaf:

bdean

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Not very original but I'm struggling. It's been a very long winter and my sister-in-law passed unexpectedly last week at age 49.

chenchena

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:41 pm

Took this yesterday in a music shop where i was in a Dutch Angle

Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

lainesphotos

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:49 am

an ants eye view ( ant included :)

texces

Post Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:52 am

Here's my first one.....

Cindi

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion APRIL CHALLENGE - A DIFFERENT POV