Board index PBase PaD Discussion IDEA for the NOVEMBER 2013 Challenge

PaD Discussion

IDEA for the NOVEMBER 2013 Challenge

discuss photo-a-day projects
lynnh

IDEA for the NOVEMBER 2013 Challenge

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 pm

I heard Lou Reed died. Very sad loss for the Music World (IMHO)
I thought it might be nice to do Song Titles in November. I will do a tribute to Lou Reed songs but you can pick a Musician, a Band, or a Composer that you really like.
With our diverse group, there would be a lot of variety and perhaps some surprises.
Anyone interested??
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

janicecd

Re: IDEA for the NOVEMBER 2013 Challenge

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:42 pm

The Scav hunt went well, and it made us go out there and think.
I'm keen on Song Titles - we have done it before - but there are certainly many, more song titles to use... And it's another theme that makes us stop and think.

PS I know we don't pick out anyone who posts the best photos of the month - BUT I have to mention J. SCOTT for the most entertaining photos I have every seen for a challenge. What a great imagination he has, and he had the perfect subject model. You were JUST BRILLIANT Scott - thank you for keeping me amused and I'd sure many others will agree

chrishadden

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:51 pm

An excellent idea Lynn. I really enjoyed the Pink Floyd month - November 2009!!
I shall look forward to this one. :)

PS - ditto Janice re Scott's postings!

wennere_01

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm

I like the idea, as I had a song challenge in mind too. But I like it, when the theme of the challenge is a bit more limited, like this month´s scavenger hunt.
So my suggestion is, to combine the song idea with a hunt:
A list of - let´s say - 40 great songs (may be Golden Oldies?) with titles easy for hunting.
What do you think? If you like this, I would like to make the list.

jdonnelly

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:51 pm

I have to agree with Janice's comment about Scott's photos this month ....... pure genius!!!!

Janet

lainesphotos

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 am

Absolutely agree Scott put in a brilliant month of thinking outside the square....it was a great challenge as hunts usually are.
I like Werner prefer a more structured challenge...music is good !

clickaway

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 am

Hey, I'm thinking I might join in again. Maybe I need a theme to keep me motivated at this time of year :-o

I personally think the Song Titles theme is one that can be adapted to reflect a tighter discipline if the individual so wishes. For example, Scott last month used himself in every shot and in the past I've done everything in monochrome as an extra touch. So for this you could choose your favourite artist, a favoured genre, a favoured era, or an all-time 'greats' list. I think basing the challenge on songs we individually know well will give us greater inspiration to get better images.

So many great song titles are about young love. Not sure how I'm going to cover that ;-)

Ray

lynnh

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks, Ray. I always do a personal challenge when I participate in the Monthly Challenges, just like Scott's theme of SPs. (although my photos are not as well done as his... LOL)

This month, all of my photos were in Portrait layout. All August photos were flowers and based on famous quotes. All black and white, all sepia, all shot with shutter speed setting only, all macro etc.
Every month, I use the challenge as my way of working on a technique.

Thanks for offering to do a list, Werner. But, I would rather pick my own 30 songs titles for the month of Nov.

My suggestion was for us to each pick one artist/band and only do that artists song's. So, I do Lou Reed titles, Chris can do Rolling Stones titles, someone else could pick Beatles or Elvis or whoever they really enjoy.

If you would like more structure, perhaps we could each prepare and post our list of titles that we plan to do. Pick 35 titles and post them for us to see? Just thinking....
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

wennere_01

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am

Hello,

Have been thinking about the idea of a music challenge for november once more. What´s about a list of musicians instead of a song title list, as I suggested before. Great bands, solo artists, etc... of all times and genres. This would be a hunt a bit more structured than Lynnh´s open proposal, but not as limited as a list of song titles. An artist list would even give everyone enough room, to do the hunt under a certain aspect, like 'young love' for instance, as Ray suggested.
Would like to do this list, what do you think about?

Werner

travelingrabbit

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:54 pm

I like the music challenge idea for November as well and plan on participating!! :) I tend to prefer something a little more structured, i.e. ~ Everyone do the same artist/group, genre or theme (i.e. ~ love songs), etc. Many of you will probably roll your eyes :roll: , but I've always liked Elton John and he does have a large selection of songs to choose from... Whatever you decide, I'm in!

And yes, Scott did an awesome job with his SP's in October!!! :D :shock: :D

jdonnelly

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 pm

I tend to like Lynn's original suggestion for everyone to pick a favorite artist or band and then do a list of that artist's songs. Just my 2 cents.

Janet

1designguy

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:19 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: Major blush. I am the only model that will pose for me most days :roll: :oops: :oops:

Thank you. Still a couple of more to go for the Hunt and I've picked my final course. Looking forward to a new challenge this coming month. I'll be out of town a couple of weekends but I plan on participating again. A music theme sounds like fun with some good potential twists.

texces

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm in for sure!

Cindi

vneilknobbe

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:16 am

I would like to do this, but my posting may end up being very similar to the last couple weeks this month with catching up over the weekend.
My preference, though I will go with whatever decision is made, would be to be able to choose any song I want which would give me a little more freedom. I can see the value of choosing one artist/band too however.

I also agree that Scott has done a simply wonderful and inventive job with incorporating himself into each photo for October. Kudos to him.

1designguy wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: Major blush. I am the only model that will pose for me most days :roll: :oops: :oops:

Me too, but the photographer refuses to take my picture. :D

chenchena

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 am

Excellent ideas. I won't participate, as it is difficult to keep it up while travelling.
Cheers Mieke
A (wo)man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his/her life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful. (free to J.W. von Goethe)

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion IDEA for the NOVEMBER 2013 Challenge