Board index PBase PaD Discussion October 2010 Monthly Challenge - THE NATURE OF THINGS

PaD Discussion

October 2010 Monthly Challenge - THE NATURE OF THINGS

discuss photo-a-day projects
1designguy

Re: October 2010 Monthly Challenge - THE NATURE OF THINGS

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:24 pm

borisalex wrote:Hi, just read Scott´s comment, what struck me most is that part of his posting...
"Some themes have been strong enough to warrant their own gallery "

Ok, I have to say that I feel pretty stupid to have put so much energy into this!

I´ve lived in Nashville for two years, and I know from some ignorance there!

Sorry, I stop posting here from now!

Tschüß
Boris

I don't know what you are trying to say Boris. I hope you are not stopping your participation in the monthly challenges. All was trying to explain was my reason for not creating a separate gallery for each monthly challenge and the fact that I was not clear that creating one was a request or requirement. It just usually (1) does not fit into the way I have my galleries arranged, (2) is the way I post the month anyway since it ultimately ends up in it's own month subgallery in my PaD galleries and (3) works into my purpose for PaDding in that I use challenges as a way to focus on something more specific for the given month in an effort to better my photography and interact with others. I am not posting old images from existing galleries nor am I using the challenge as a way to gain exposure. It is a community building endeavor for me. Community (interaction is implied) is what I value most here @ Pbase.

What do you mean by
"I know from some ignorance there!"
and
"I feel pretty stupid to have put so much energy into this!"
. Who is ignorant? Why are you implying that ignorance is part of this question and discussion? By energy do you mean your participation, posting the question or something else?

I am just trying to understand what you are getting at. I do not mean for this to sound like an attack in any way. I really am trying to understand your original posted question.

borisalex

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Pretty simple!

Just think, maybe you can´t from your point of view, but world is bigger then the US!

I´m just posting my sincere thoughts ,nothing personal!

Boris

dawnb

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks to Cindi for this month's challenge idea! Here is my first entry for the month:
http://www.pbase.com/image/129026875

Looking forward to the month!
Dawn
Last edited by dawnb on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrishadden

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Day 1: in the raw ~ roasted tomato soup...yum!

Better late than never - we have been without the internet all day, just back on at 336k at 11pm :(

Chris

1designguy

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:32 pm

borisalex wrote:Pretty simple!

Just think, maybe you can´t from your point of view, but world is bigger then the US!

I´m just posting my sincere thoughts ,nothing personal!

Boris

Is something lost in translation? When did this become an ethnocentric debate? When did I ever imply any air of superiority? I know this appears to have escalated into something big but I (for the life of me) DO NOT understand why.

Again. You are the one making this into something huge Boris. Have the challenge. I will find another way to interact here. Sorry if I offended you in any way. It was unintentional.

Please accept my apology for any misunderstanding or miscommunication. I will give you room to enjoy this challenge.

barbara_heide

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

maggie_falconi

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi,
My first photo for October
Even flowers fade,
http://www.pbase.com/image/129029326/
Have a great weekend,
Hugs, Maggie

barbara_heide

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 pm

amoxtli wrote:
borisalex wrote:I enjoy this challenges and participated with thirdteen in one row, initiated four and I´m still enthusaistic to do more, but I noticed that some participants lately don´t open anymore their own gallery for a particular challenge given, rather only add their Pad´s! This is a change and honestly, I have do say, that I don´t like it, because why should I open a gallery! I could just mix some stuff!

Cheers
Boris

I have participated in most of the challenges for several years now, and have set up separate galleries for every challenge except the last one "September in "Your" Life 2010" and this one "October 2010 Monthly Challenge - THE NATURE OF THINGS", the reason for this is that I believe that these two challenges fall within the the scope of my PaD: Zuihitsu Gallery which is to tell a story of my life day to day, and do not require a separate gallery. When we have done challenges such as "Food", "Transportation", "Minimalism", "Pink Floyd Song Titles" or "Scavenger Hunts" then I set up separate galleries. Personally I don't seen any problem Boris, in fact I think participants should do as they like, as long as they follow the rules of the challenge such as posting only fresh images and commenting on the images of at least some of the other participants. Just my opinion.

I agree with Walter,
it has never been a rule, that a monthly challenge must be a seperate gallery. Sometimes it is and sometimes it is not...
I have always added the pics to an existing gallery, when the topic did fit my current theme,
if it was not fitting I opened a specific gallery... can't see where the problem is...
When you click on the link it leads you to the picture and not to a gallery.... Why bother what others do???

It's a shame that Boris stopped his participation, as I think it is a misunderstanding...

bdean

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Hoping that this first photo will mushroom into many for the month!

http://www.pbase.com/image/129029746

I've missed everyone!
Brenda

onastone2

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:23 pm

#2 One of natures most amazing creatures possessing the
ability to live two completely different lives!!!! You do know
which one I'm talking about right?
http://www.pbase.com/onastone2/image/129029788

reflectionsofnature

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 pm

imorozoff

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:43 am

Hi All,
I'm undecided if I'll participate in this theme, but I will be doing a PAD. A five month abstinence is way too long!
In any case, the shot I took today fits with 'the nature of things' so here you go!

Leaves and Legs:
http://www.pbase.com/imorozoff/image/129031529

edmc

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:46 am

The Nature of Things..sounds interesting..I don't know if I'll post a shot every day so I won't create a gallery. I'll just post the this challenge when I can..Ed
http://www.pbase.com/image/129031726

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion October 2010 Monthly Challenge - THE NATURE OF THINGS