Board index PBase PaD Discussion PaD Ettiquette

PaD Discussion

PaD Ettiquette

discuss photo-a-day projects
demorcan

PaD Ettiquette

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:15 am

I have only been doing this a couple months now. I have seen no guidelines about what you can put in the comments on your photos. Nor, have I seen any on the comments you can make on other peoples photos. I apologize to anyone I may have offended with my longer comments or humor. I will keep my comments done to a sentence or 2 and avoid puns. But, I think it would be helpful if there were guidelines, or people would kindly send me pmail asking me not to comment rather than making public comments on my photos that have nothing to do with the photo. I enjoy life, smiles and laughter and it is hard to turn that off when I am viewing some of the photos here. Now if someone would please post what is accepted and permissible. I do have one of my classic poems I was wanting to get a photo for and post. But, it is humorous and more than a couple lines.

kent

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:33 am

Beyond treating each other's photographic efforts with dignity and respect, I'm not sure that we need any rules and guidelines.

If you find yourself about to post a comment that you believe may be taken the wrong way, then you probably shouldn't.

dr_cabbie

Post Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:01 am

Demorcan, several PAD'rs treat their PAD gallery like a weblog. It's all up to you. As far as comments to others, dignity and respect sounds good to me.

aestus

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:29 am

Demorcan, I have always appreciated your feedback on my photos.

Only twice have I deleted comments. Once was when a friend posted a message not realizing her email address would be viewable by anyone surfing my photos, so I removed it at her request. The second time was when a "guest" started ranting about the "faggots" in one of my photos from Gay Pride Day, and continued with a personal attack along the same lines. That was a comment about me, not about my photo, so I deleted that as well.

Being relatively new to photography I may be slightly sensitive to criticism, but I think that as long as it is not a personal attack it will help me grow.

Aestus

darter02

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:57 pm

I appreciate all comments left on my work. I have only deleted a few, mainly they were just naughty messages left by juvenile men concerning their own sexual frustrations… LOL

Now if I just had time to really go through the lists and return comments…
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

jude_53

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:44 pm

About this subject. I leave very bizzare comments and go on with humor and sometimes imaginative stories that the photos lead me to. I just do it because it's what's inside me. I'm sure no one has taken offense.. probably taken out retraining orders on me.. Kidding.

I've only deleted one message and that was from my MOTHERRRRR. Who got a lil too personal.. and ... well i'll say it right here and now .. tried to guilt my ass! Was kind of funny, yet.. embarassing..lol

I love all comments and have never gotten a rude one .. criticism (constructive) is taken well.

Okay ... there's a little weeping.. but i get over it quite quickly. hehe

God i talk too much...

:shock:
jude

isshinryu_mom

Post Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:55 pm

one message and that was from my MOTHERRRRR. Who got a lil too personal.. and ... well i'll say it right here and now .. tried to guilt my ass

.... are we sisters? :roll:

pamelas

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:09 pm

Rules? Do we REALLY need more rules?!?!?! :?

I think just one will do - "Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you."

If you are in doubt about a comment, then don't post it. Or reword it, if you think it might come across badly.

charette

Re: PaD Ettiquette

Post Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:57 pm

As a newby to PaD I found this topic quite helpful, so thought I would bounce it to the top. I wasn't sure if suggestions about photos were a part of the ettiquette of this site. Most comments being left are flattering and few suggestions are made. Of course, I am miles from being an expert so my comments should be taken lightly, but I just didn't want to offend anyone. Good to read that this is OK. -- LC

candice

misdiagnosis of adhd

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:05 pm

Imagine living in a fast-moving kaleidoscope, where sounds, images, and thoughts are constantly shifting. Feeling easily bored, yet helpless to keep your mind on tasks you need to complete.

Distracted by unimportant sights and sounds, your mind drives you from one thought or activity to the next. Perhaps you are so wrapped up in a collage of thoughts and images that you don't notice when someone speaks to you.

For many people, this is what it's like to have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD. They may be unable to sit still, plan ahead, finish tasks, or be fully aware of what's going on around them

Board index PBase PaD Discussion PaD Ettiquette