PaD Discussion

Thursday Challenge - 3rd July

discuss photo-a-day projects
reddishtiger

Thursday Challenge - 3rd July

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:02 pm

This weeks Totally Informal Transglobal Challenge is

"My Country"

OK, it marks the week that Canada Day and Independence Day fall in, but it doesn't have to American/Canadian.....

and yes, we did something similar last year, but it is our prerogative to repeat!!!!

As always, post links to your images here on Thursday

Happy Flagwaving

Lee and Bev

phillipn

Re: Thursday Challenge - 3rd July

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:21 pm

Ah... Smetana :D

camera0bug

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:57 am

Arnoldshwartzeneggerland is tough to capture in just one photo.

I'd need to project a life-sized slide show on the state capital dome to do it true justice.

8)

themarmot

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:45 pm

camera0bug wrote:Arnoldshwartzeneggerland is tough to capture in just one photo.

Yes, but you just might be the one photographer that I feel is up to the task. :-)

suzy_walker

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi folks,

One of the things I like the most about this challenge is that everyone comments on each other’s pictures. Am I right in thinking that if you cannot comment on everyone else’s challenge you are discouraged from entering?

Since IT changed out firewall at work (and blocked a load of stuff) I seem to be able to do everything on pbase except comment! :( I’ve looked up the error msg on this forum and I don’t think its something I can fix (I cant log out because I wont be able to log back in and it seems to be a firewall/cookie issue) so I guess I’ll just have to live with it. I can still PM and reply to PMs. I can also vote and see other peoples comments. So the question is... am I allowed to participate anymore ;)

Suzy

reddishtiger

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Suzy

Yes of course!

patshawyer

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:45 pm

Here is mine for this week:
"My Country"

http://www.pbase.com/image/99591536

mairead

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 pm

ianyork

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:05 pm

maire

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:21 pm

Joining the late night brigade in Greenwich Mean Time land:
http://www.pbase.com/maire/image/99591835

wirrah

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:39 pm

From the Australian Coat of Arms

http://www.pbase.com/image/99592276

jolka

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:32 am

camera0bug

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:11 am

suzy_walker wrote:Hi folks,

One of the things I like the most about this challenge is that everyone comments on each other’s pictures. Am I right in thinking that if you cannot comment on everyone else’s challenge you are discouraged from entering?

Since IT changed out firewall at work (and blocked a load of stuff) I seem to be able to do everything on pbase except comment! :( I’ve looked up the error msg on this forum and I don’t think its something I can fix (I cant log out because I wont be able to log back in and it seems to be a firewall/cookie issue) so I guess I’ll just have to live with it. I can still PM and reply to PMs. I can also vote and see other peoples comments. So the question is... am I allowed to participate anymore ;)

Suzy

I try to make it a point to comment on as many of the images as possible each week, even if it's on the following day.
If you have issues with a work computer and it makes it impossible to do so, why not do it when you get home?

The whole idea of posting and commenting is really based on the honor system so nobody is forced to comment back.

I've noticed that there are certain challenge participants who participate every week who never post a comment in return (at least on my images). Guess they're too busy reading and working on next week's challenge to write a comment back.

In the true spirit of the challenge, everyone should at least try to return the favor to their fellow challengers instead of just posting their image and remaining silent.

The people who post last are as deserving as the ones posting first.

Just my 2¢

Don't be afraid to be different than the pack.

agripix

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:47 am

Hello:

As I can't be in "My Country" to make a current image, I will break the rules and submit an image of my hometown, which coincidentally pays tribute to the poet Dorothea MacKellar's poem about 'My Country'.

To see my hometown, go to http://www.pbase.com/agripix/image/93339560/original

Cheers,

Colin

Next

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Thursday Challenge - 3rd July