Board index PBase PaD Discussion What is your occupation?

PaD Discussion

What is your occupation?

discuss photo-a-day projects
bard385

Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:09 am

Retired. I put 45 years in the insurance business, retired, and never looked back. Now I am active in a Scottish heritage group and a submarine veterans group. Oh yeah, I take pictures whenever I can.
:lol:
George

ps: Just a Mom? Congratulations, that's a tough job.
gb

ninoe

IT Pro

Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:07 am

I am an IT professional...other than that, gadget and electronics freak :)

franziskalang

Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:02 pm

Software Test Manager

mox

Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:04 pm

Accounting/Finance-Budget Director for a college within a large urban State University. 19 years in Higher Ed-Internal Auditing/Accounting Management.
BBA accounting.

Bi-vocational pastor with MA from seminary. That's my true love and where i get my warm fuzzies.

amateurish photographer with an old Nikon FG, a Nikon Coolpix 3100 and 100mb on Pbase, which is how I calm the raging beast within!

LOL

Mark
Visit Mark Jones' Galleries
Nikon Coolpix3100 since May 03
Nikon FG since 1985
http://www.pbase.com/mox

thejerk

Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:36 pm

Computer Syatems Analysts for the past 28 years.

Bill

5points

Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:58 pm

I work for a large Environmental consulting firm (My speciality is piping layout design for Water and Wastewater Treatment faciliities)

aestus

Post Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:59 am

Registered Nurse here, palliative and supportive care at a HIV/AIDS Hospice

jajlo

What I doo

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:50 am

Teacher by calling (Primary... ;D Have taught a range of K-6) but, seem to fit in best with the silliness of K-1. (I'm told I have the patience too. lol)

Photographer at heart, Technogeek by hobby too. (Tech coordinator/troubleshooter/website at my school) 8)

jtks576

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:11 pm

I am a Solutions Analyst from Singapore. Started digital photography with a small little Canon Ixus v2. Thinking of getting the Canon S1 IS.
Btw, I have just being promoted to a father :D

http://www.pbase.com/jtks576/bundleofjoy

audiopen

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:15 pm

Horse Breeder .

rj324

Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:09 pm

franziskalang wrote:Software Test Manager

And she is my manager :wink: so I'm a Software Tester.

nicksie

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:24 am

I am also a registered nurse. I worked in ICU for a few years; in private medicine as a Sister; and now I am a nurse practitioner in primary care. I support the Doc's doing triage and medical advice. It's the best job I've ever had; and my quality of life improved dramatically when I stopped doing shift/weekend work.

Much respect to Aestus - that is a tough job.

It's really interesting to hear what everyone does!

ziggers

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:52 pm

Wow, lots of amazing and wonderful careers!!

I'm a stay at home mom of two sons and a freelance photographer. Over the last couple of years I have sold a few of my photos at random, but the biggest work photographically I've done is shooting for a local Harley-Davidson dealership. Last September I got asked to shoot Harley-Davidson's 9th Annual Ride for Breast Cancer Research and then later did a calendar in a joint effort with my uncle who is a 30+ year professional photojournalist and graphic artist (who also works in publications). The calendar for the dealership (Wisconsin Harley-Davidson or WiHD) went quite well and they have asked us to do another one for next year! I will be shooting some events and rides for WiHD this summer and fall. :) I also just sold 62 photos to the Lady Riders Foundation for use in a DVD promotional Slide Show they're putting together on Breast Cancer research and information.

nicksie

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:54 pm

Angela, that's quite an achievement!

ziggers

Post Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:00 pm

Thanks, Nikki! :)

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion What is your occupation?