Board index PBase PaD Discussion Weekly Theme?

PaD Discussion

Weekly Theme?

discuss photo-a-day projects
dazedgonebye

Robin's idea.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:15 pm

Robin Statfeld had the idea of everyone taking photos and posting them in a neutral place without names. The rest of us could comment and try to pick who shot what.
I would host that at the Iron Photographer gallery if enough people wanted to participate. Of course, I could not guess because you'd have to send your pictures to me.
Any takers?

ziggers

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:17 pm

That sounds very interesting!!!! Going by style.. I think there are MANY here in our PAD group who have a very recognizable style!

areid

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:25 pm

ziggers wrote:I think that's a cute idea!!! After I posted Tyler's gallery, my two year old son Connor snatched up the camera and started taking a few pictures with it. I think it'd be neat to showcase other talent in our own circles of friends and family :D

I can't wait to see Conner's work too.

ziggers

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:33 pm

LOL Allen, I'll make sure to post some.. He even tipped the camera back toward his own face to take a self portrait.. It's pretty overexposed (flash at VERY close range) but who can resist?

clickaway

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:37 pm

Even though I don't have kids, I think the kids taking a PAD would be cool.
But for people like me, I wouldn't necessarily be able to see a child on the appointed day. If we went ahead with this, could we be allowed a kid's photo taken up to two weeks beforehand, but posted that day?

The style theme is also cool. Some of us could be a bit mischevious and shoot NOT in our style!!

With Easter coming up, would that be an ideal time for the photos by kids theme, or will that clash when some families may be away from a computer if on a break?

R

jillburhans

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:38 pm

Oh yes this is a definite.

How about around Easter just as Ray suggested? :)

dazedgonebye

Guess the photographer theme

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:45 pm

As far as guessing the photographer thing, I can start at any time and let it run for several weeks. That'll give more people time to hear of it and participate.

clickaway

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:59 pm

Its noticeable that posters on this forum are by and large the people we may expect. Nothing wrong with that, but we need to promote the themes as much as possible.

Whoever is promoting the theme, should make it a footnote to their caption on their PAD, particularly if you think you have just shot a photo that you think will be popular.

We are popping up with a lot of ideas here. We need to ensure that they are not too restrictive on people as regards time. People like to shoot 'freestyle' most of the time.

Ray

thejerk

Post Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:01 pm

I don't have any kids but I think it is a good idea. I would try to get a neice or nephew to do it for me.

Trees would be a good theme also.

My 0.02 cents. Bill :D

kent

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:02 am

I am basically a freestyle PaDer. Many times I get home in the evening not having had time to even think about a subject, much less pick up a camera.

I'm surprising myself by some of the subjects that I've stumbled across as I work against the clock to come up with a shot.

mysticchyna

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:52 pm

I think themes are cool...and not everyone has to do it...but for those that like a challenge it's fun.

isshinryu_mom

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:54 pm

I love Robin's idea of the "style" gallery as suggested by dazed... I've been thinking about how come some people develope a "style" and others don't. It would be interesting.

dazedgonebye

Style theme.

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:46 pm

Unless someone has an objection, I'll start an open entry style gallery at Ironphotographer. Heck, I'll do it even if you do object, no one will make you submit anything.
It'll work something like this:
Send me your picture. I'll post it with only a numeric title and no EXIF data (no use tipping your hand). I'll keep track of who is who. Post as many images as you like (within reason).
Visit the pages and guess who's is who's. On a sucessful guess, I'll reveal the artist.

Any suggestions?

clickaway

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:09 pm

Cool, but I think it would be helpful if you could advise how we surpress EXIF data.

ziggers

Post Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:13 pm

Use the save for web feature in PS instead of just save as. Save for web kills the exif. :)

I think this project will be neat!

PreviousNext

Board index PBase PaD Discussion Weekly Theme?