Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Is anybody in here stepping up to Mark II (1D)?

Digital Cameras

Is anybody in here stepping up to Mark II (1D)?

kevintat

Is anybody in here stepping up to Mark II (1D)?

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:30 pm

I understand it's pricy, let's not get into that subject (I guess we will have to pay if we like our toys). I just want to have a feel of how many Canon shooters (especially those who have experienced with the 10D) eventually will consider the Mark II. It's too quiet out there, and I don't think there 's a way to find out who's had one in order. You think it will be another hot seller like the 10D?

framewerkz

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:45 am

Despite the sick speed and the slightly larger megapixel count, I still want to get my paws on a 1Ds first. Nah, I'll stick with my D60 for the time being.

Unless I win the lottery, that is. 8)
For the arty-farty crap, go here:
http://www.pbase.com/framewerkz

wilfredmrand

I'll wait for 10D MkII

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:30 pm

Or Digital Elan? I don't want to pay for a battlezone-grade 1D camera body...I simply don't need the depleted uranium armor plating! But 8mp is within my target parameter for the next step, and I figure I'll see it on the 10D or some other model within 2 years.

sbdigitalimages

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:56 pm

I am certainly considering it. The 1D is a very capable camera, but the new processing and potentialy faster focusing will be helpful with my sports shots. I should be able to apporach the clarity of my 1Ds and save a stop of light.

tsfoto

I'm getting one.

Post Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:54 pm

I am no. 1 on the list for a new 1D Mark II at my local CPS store here in Norway. :D

Have a 10D today, that is put out for sale.

According to my store, I might get my hands on the 1D Mark II within the end of this month. :D

tomas316

Post Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:36 pm

Im first in line for someones unwanted 1ds! hoping the price drops on them.

kevintat

Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:21 pm

1Ds price if drops to a price we can all get a copy I hope. The mean time I am keeping my 10D cause I like it so much, even though people talking a possible 10D MkII coming this Sept., don't know whom to listen to.

I have also crazy enough (quietly) ordered the 1D Mark II exactly a week after it's announcement from cameraworld.com, I thought I could change my mine any time before it get shipped, but now I am very sure I will keep it and can't wait until the day it arrives at the door step, it's alot of money but somehow I think it's worth it. Some think the sick speed is too much for most of us, but for loving wildlife I think it will be very helpful for me for bird shots. For the same price, this morning dpreview posts Kodak's 14 SLR/c (for Canon lenses) at 14 mb, it's lovely for those who shoots landscaping.

I am still looking all over to see if there's a leak of the MarkII's orders count, if any of you have the info please share. Happy shooting. 8)

KT

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Is anybody in here stepping up to Mark II (1D)?