Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?

Digital Cameras

Where is the best place on line to buy?

dougj

Re: Where is the best place on line to buy?

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:56 am

cologs wrote:i
deewun wrote:I have dealt with B & H for years, buying a variety of photographic products. I have always found their service to be excellent and their prices competitive. For second hand gear, KEH.com is great. They habitually rate their offerings lower than they actually are and they can't be beaten for used specialty lenses.

B&H sells a lot of grey market, will stick to newegg.com for new and refurb, if refurb has a Nikon warrenty than its a Nikon refurb, it was done by Nikon.

B&H is a very reputable reseller. They sell some grey market items (no cameras, mostly lenses) in addition to the items purchased directly from the manufacturer's US offices. The grey market are clearly identify as such (labeled "imported") and are listed next to the US versions for easy price comparison.

dw_thomas

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 pm

I second Doug's comments about B&H. I've been buying from them for quite a few years and am totally impressed with their efficiency and accuracy. As Doug says, the grey market stuff is clearly identified.

I'm in the Philadelphia suburbs and typically if I place an online order by 9 or 10 pm on a Monday, the standard UPS ground shipping has it in my hands Wednesday afternoon.

They do close and not accept orders during the Jewish Sabbath and holy days (and generally have alerts about that on the site), so planning ahead is a good idea -- but planning ahead is good anyway! B&H and Freestyle in California keep my film and darkroom supplies going, there's almost nothing around here without driving an hour away -- and then it's uncertain.

DaveT

willrountree

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:16 am

I always trust B&H for good merchandise, but sometimes buy from Amazon or ebay if looks like a better deal from a good seller with 100% good reviews. You need a Paypal account to deal with ebay. Amazon will most likely give you the best price but add shipping costs and state taxes in.

baldrich

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 pm

B&H and Amazon and I trust them both 100%.

heez10

Post Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:36 am

Amazon and BH

s_parrott

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm

B-H and Adorama are both excellent sources. I have used both many times. Never a problem. Be VERY wary of any online retailer with super low prices, they are often scams and you rarely, if ever, get the item at that price.

flyboy

Re:

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:41 pm

cameraguy21773 wrote:In no particular order, I like:
B&H
Adorama
KEH

For used: KEH

What He said! :D And...add Amazon.

wyk

Post Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:50 am

I mainly deal with MPB or KEH. If they don't have it, I will search EBay. MPB is my preferred place even if I am not trading in. They operate in both Europe and the US.

Previous

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?