Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Anyone suggest something [b]without[/b] bells and whistles?

Photo Editing Software

Anyone suggest something [b]without[/b] bells and whistles?

miles_muso

Anyone suggest something [b]without[/b] bells and whistles?

Post Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:30 pm

Hi all, :) new to this forum.

I have lots of wonderful editing software, and a few batch re-name progs, but what I'm after is this:

I want to be able to scroll thru each image in 'My Pictures' or wherever and instantly be given the option to rename that image, or move on to the next one.

All the rename apps I've seen will batch rename DCSxxxx to Steve_and_Debbie's_Wedding_01 or whatever, but I haven't seen one that'll let you do it one by one.

Obviously you can do this in Windows Explorer, but you have to click on the title to highlight it, wait, click again for edit mode, type the new name, then delete the old name making sure not to erase the .jpg bit, otherwise Windows doesn't know what type of file it is (maybe it forgot?).

Any suggestions. :?: I'll gladly pay for one if there's no freeware.

Cheers :wink:

Miles Forman

castledude

Post Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:36 pm

1) Rather than the click pause click you can use F2

2) If you save the extention in the cut paste buffer you can put the .jpg on the end pretty easily. (Select Ctrl-C to copy, Ctrl-V to paste)

3) Exifer can do batch or individual renaming with masks applied, and it remembers the extentions.

http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

ukexpat

Re: Anyone suggest something [b]without[/b] bells and whistl

Post Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:27 am

You can do basic batch renaming as you suggest in Windows XP -- just select the images that you want to rename, right click on one of them, then type in the name, then click on blank space somewhere -- Windows will add a numerical idenifier.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Anyone suggest something [b]without[/b] bells and whistles?