Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software After Win Update, Photoshop's pix change in other programs

Photo Editing Software

After Win Update, Photoshop's pix change in other programs

ahzoov

After Win Update, Photoshop's pix change in other programs

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:10 pm

This problem is driving me nutz.

The only difference to my system was a small Windows update. After the update, the problem appeared.

I've discovered that the photos I work with in Photoshop appear different (duller) in ALL other Windows programs, from ACDSee to AOL.

Here is just one example. I've created a screen capture to show the difference.

The photo on the left is in Photoshop. The one on the right is in ACDsee.

The problem is this: Is Photoshop acting differently? is it NOT saving my changes? However, when I open the photo in Photoshop, it's still as I saved it....but other programs don't see it that way. However, in the Screen Shot...it shows the difference, showing me that Windows is NOT dulling down the colors...or the one on the left would be duller.

This is totally unacceptable...I have no idea which is the real picture, how it will print out, or how it will look on the web to others.

Anyone have any suggestions?

dougj

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:46 pm

One possibility is Photoshop is saving the file in the Adobe colorspace, this has a more finite color range than the standard colorspace, sRGB. The later is required for web use, and printers that are not capable of Adobe colorspace.

In Photoshop CS, go to Image, Mode, Assign Profile and check to ensure sRGB is selected. Some cameras have the ability to change the color space for the images produced, have you changed any of your camera settings?

dowdell

re: After Win Update, Photoshop's pix change in other progra

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:26 pm

If you undo the update does the problem go away?
What was the update?

The only program I have noticed that changes photos brightness is MS Power Point which seems to adjust the hystogram. I think the object is to have uniform brightness, or lack thereof, over the whole presentation.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software After Win Update, Photoshop's pix change in other programs