Board index Equipment Film Cameras Nikon N2020

Film Cameras

Nikon N2020

jvshilo

Nikon N2020

Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:12 pm

Question: Was given nikon N2020 can't get it to rewind is the rewind button suppose to stay down. ordered a manual from E-Bay but it doesn't state if it should stay down. Can anyone help a newcomer.

Thanks Jeanette

ukexpat

Re: Nikon N2020

Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:48 pm

jvshilo wrote:Question: Was given nikon N2020 can't get it to rewind is the rewind button suppose to stay down. ordered a manual from E-Bay but it doesn't state if it should stay down. Can anyone help a newcomer.

Thanks Jeanette

On most film SLRs I am familiar with when you depress the rewind button it stays down until you open the camera back and remove the film. The button disengages a gear in the winding system so that the film can travel backwards.

danielandbrenda

Rewinding an N2020

Post Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:01 am

I am sure you've figured this out, but in case you haven't. On the N2020, there is what I'll call the rewind "switch" that is the first thing you have to deal with. I believe it's on the right hand back side of the camera marked with an "R" or something like that. Then you depress the rewind button on the same side -- opposite the rewind crank on the left. And it should stay down.

There's a similar button near the crank that doesn't stay down -- when I got my 2020, it made sense to me that the button should have been the rewind buttont, but it's actually the release for the stop compensation wheel under the crank.

dh

Board index Equipment Film Cameras Nikon N2020